[Tagging] StreetComplete 10 / foot=yes on residential

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 21:10:35 UTC 2019

I am sorry, this is not the correct approach. We have here plenty of
streets in other categories (unclassified|teritery|secondary|primary)
without sidewalk  where it is perfectly legal for pedestrians to use the
road. This does not say whether it's safe to walk on them. If people now
start putting foot=no because they want to prevent people from walking on
the these roads because it's unsafe, then we create a nice mess. You should
map the deviation from the default (foot=no), not confirm a default
(foot=yes).