[Tagging] Removing an ATM

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 14:42:25 UTC 2019

On 09/07/2019 15:27, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 15:10, Martin Koppenhoefer
> <dieterdreist at gmail.com <mailto:dieterdreist at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     sent from a phone
>
>     > On 9. Jul 2019, at 15:57, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com
>     <mailto:pla16021 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >
>     > Where an object is no longer physically present, such as a
>     telephone booth that has
>     > been removed, then removed:amenity=telephone.
>
>     while disused and abandoned features make sense and can be
>     observed, may help for orientation or might be reactivated,
>

> Not really.  They don't get rendered (on standard carto).

... but depending on the feature, they may do elsewhere.

I've no idea if anyone renders disused ATMs (I don't) but on cue I've
just remembered and updated
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5179225222 rather than just removing
it in case someone does.  I'm sure it'll get reinstated at some point,
and I'll change the tagging back. If the ATM had actually been removed
I'd have just deleted it, but in this case it is still there

Plenty of other "disused / no longer useful for the original purpose"
are major landscape features that deserve to be recorded, and sometimes
the best tag really is disused:foo=bar.

Best Regards,

Andy