[Tagging] Mismatched tag status

Yuri Astrakhan yuriastrakhan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 00:34:04 UTC 2019

Paul, as a programmer, I'm sure you know the difference between a keyword
and the text shown to the user.  The issue is not in translation, the issue
is that we have two __keywords__:   "defacto" or "inuse".  It does not
matter how English, German, and other wiki pages translate those keywords.

You can see all status translations here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Template:StatusLang&action=edit

German translates "inuse" as "in Benutzung", and "defacto" as "de facto" --
so clearly both are defined. In most cases, status is the same in English
and in German, except the cases I found with a query.  BTW, templates
should use _keywords_, and not english/german/other text for the "status="
parameter.

As for definition -- Template:Description shows this:
* inuse: the feature is in use
* defacto: the tag is in widespread use, but no formal proposal process has
taken place
See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Description