[Tagging] emergency=ambulance_station vs amenity=fire_station

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 11:56:00 UTC 2019

> Am Di., 12. Nov. 2019 um 11:49 Uhr schrieb Dave F via Tagging
> <tagging at openstreetmap.org <mailto:tagging at openstreetmap.org>>:
>

>     Is OSM-Carto fit to be promoted as OSM's flagship, de-facto rendering?
>

> Dave, I find it extremely unfair to write this explicitly to Joseph,
> because he is one of the very active contributors to OSM-carto at the
> moment and has tackled a lot of issues.

Agreed - as has been said many times before, you can't have one map
style that "looks nice", "shows everything" and "works everywhere".

OSM Carto is one map style that by definition is a compromise. Other map
styles are available, at least one of which that I can think of (mine)
addresses the issues that you have raised - but does so by making
different compromses - it fails elsewhere in the world and for other
target usage, so it simply isn't suitable as an "everywhere in the
world" style.

Best Regards,

Andy