[Tagging] Central European insight needed: cukrászda, cukrárna, cukiernia, ciastkarnia, cukráreň, pasticceria, konditorei, patisserie, ...

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:32:09 UTC 2020

On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 at 01:51, Jarek Piórkowski <jarek at piorkowski.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 at 20:28, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 at 01:02, Jarek Piórkowski <jarek at piorkowski.ca>
> wrote:
> >> Maybe tag them amenity=takeaway
> >
> > Good idea.  Except that value is not officially agreed and isn't
> > rendered.  Are you suggesting somebody propose it?
>
> It doesn't look like being officially agreed has helped us much with cafe,

Ouch!

> Do we want to introduce new tags for gastronomical service places? If
> yes, so far takeaway has one of the clearer definitions I've seen, so
> we could start there.

Or maybe we could subtag, as bkil recently suggested.  That solves
a lot of problems.

> In any case, given the number of places already
> > mapped, retagging of that sort isn't feasible.
>
> Eh, as opposed to retagging coffee shops or McDonald's being feasible?

Indeed.  That was my point.  There's a lot that doesn't work well, but it's
too late to fix it with retagging.  Subtagging would be a better approach as
that leaves existing POIs as being under-specified but details can
 be added.

--
Paul