[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - electricity=*

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 00:49:04 UTC 2020

Lukas,

Le sam. 14 nov. 2020 à 21:00, Lukas Richert <lrichert at posteo.net> a écrit :

> Hi François,
>
> I do actually like the word input for generator and have been thinking
> that 'battery:origin' makes no sense either to specify the type of origin.
> Keys such as 'electricity:grid:origin=*', 'electricity:generator:input=*',
> and 'electricity:battery:type=*' would be more distinct and would separate
> them. My only problem with that is that the wikipage would probably need a
> flowchart to explain the tagging :/ What do you think?

That's an interesting point.
Do you mean electricity:battery:type should refer to the source of
electricity that feeds the battery?
Let's keep in mind that batteries are probably charged with the same
electricity used in place.
It won't change anything regarding origin or local supply source quality
(electricity won't become greener).

I think electricity:origin is enough, no need to add :grid inside but only
restrict its usage with electricity:grid=yes, for sake of simplicity.

With a simpler origin definition, a table would be enough.
A table similar to Infrastructure table could be completed to give the
applicable tagging suitable for each Infrastructure situation

Let me know how do you feel and I could try to propose something for this
table

All the best

François