[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - electricity=*

Lukas Richert lrichert at posteo.de
Sun Nov 15 01:43:44 UTC 2020

Hi,

I was actually thinking of the type of battery, i.e. flywheel, LiOn,
etc. Although it would probably also be interesting to figure out a
tagging scheme to classify batteries by type, capacity etc. for the
future. And it's true that :grid, :generator, and :battery as second
namespaces are redundant if the source keys can be restricted to only
being usable if the corresponding infrastructure key is used.

The only issue I see with separating the tagging like this if the
general source of electricity is advertised (e.g. 'renewable' in a
supermarket and you can't determine if that's because they're connected
to the grid or they have a small wind turbine out back..rather unlikely
but still). I think that it's likely easy to tell or would also be
advertised if they had a local generator. Or perhaps would then have to
be left untagged.

If you'd like to add such a table to the wiki, feel free! :)

Best regards,

Lukas