[Tagging] "width" on streets: Time for a recommendation

Supaplex supaplex at riseup.net
Mon Sep 21 13:52:14 UTC 2020

As a result of this discussion I would like to add a clarifying
paragraph on the corresponding wiki page. The core statement is: "To
avoid these ambiguities, some tags are in use to specify the width of
different elements: ..." See the Talk Page:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:width#.22width.22_on_streets.2Fhighway

Maybe someone has time and motivation to make a proposal(?) to directly
define "width" in these cases. Since there are different opinions on
this, I would leave it at a clarifying paragraph for now.

- Alex -