[Tagging] Clubhouse vs Community Centre

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 17:26:05 UTC 2021

There is an important distinction that seems to be missed here, as to
whether we would tag a club as a whole (the grounds, and multiple features
and buildings within it), as separate from a clubhouse, i.e., a specific
building operated by the club as a headquarters and gathering place.  This
is particularly important in cases where the club is not simply contained
in a single building but rather is a small campus.  It does seem weird to
me to tag the grounds of a facility as a community center (because we think
of community centers as buildings) but the club_home sub-tag seems to work
for this purpose.

It seems to me that even if you come up with the perfect tagging for a
clubhouse, you should not take away the render-supported tagging currently
used for a club's grounds.  So either you need to solve club AND clubhouse
tagging simultaneously, or solve just one of them and leave the other alone.