[Tagging] spring:type=hot deprecation

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 14:57:26 UTC 2021

Geothermal hot springs look and smell and function differently than a water
spring.

It makes sense to tag them differently, and natural=hot_spring is the
popular way to do this.

Similarly a natural=geyser should not be tagged only as a natural=spring

Tags are free. There is no harm in allowing different tags for different
features.

—Joseph Eisenberg