[Tagging] Proposed rewrite Of highway=track wiki page

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 00:52:05 UTC 2021

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 9:02 AM Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Am Mo., 8. März 2021 um 14:11 Uhr schrieb Zeke Farwell <ezekielf at gmail.com
> >:
>
>> The reason I am working on this is that it is often unclear to me where
>> the boundaries are between 'path' and 'track' on the low end
>>

> this at least should be very easy: it's the width. A way that is
> physically accessible to 2 tracked vehicles is at least a track, while
> narrower ones are paths.

I thought you were one of the ones that was arguing that a track must be
exclusively for agriculture or forestry? Did I misremember?

I know a number of shared-use foot/bridleway or foot/cycleway that are wide
enough to take a double-tracked vehicle, and I occasionally see
double-tracked maintenance vehicles on them (for instance, to plow snow,
regrade a bridleway, or re-lay the asphalt on a cycleway). I don't think
that makes them tracks.  Locally, `highway=path foot=designated
bicycle=designated` or `highway=path foot=designated horse=designated` are
common tag clusters.

--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin