[talk-au] Help with relation please

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 09:20:15 UTC 2021

On 3/2/21 10:45 am, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 at 20:11, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>

>     I have deleted the tags of barrier=fence and "note"="was outer for
>     Sydnye Harbour National Park before LPI Admin Boundary data used."
>

> Thanks, I wondered whether the National Park / LPI tag should stay for
> historical purposes?

The relation for HMAS Watson had 4 members.. all but one of these has
been removed.

That one, I think, was for some of the northern and or western
boundaries where they should coincide with the National Park boundaries
and had a fence.

The others covered different locations.

The history can be recovered using the history button on the relevant
feature.

>     I doubt very much that HMAS Watson allows general public access.
>

> I thought I had set it as access=private?
>
> Which I've interpreted as "No, you can only come in if we say so" (eg
> military personnel (& families?) posted to that Base, civilian staff &
> contractors, anybody else that they want to let in, but no-one else).

The claim was that the public had access along the cliff line .. and
that is not true through HMAS Watson.

At the moment the boundary is drawn such that;

it leaves gaps between the National Park and HMAS Watson...

HMAS Watson boundary overlaps the National Park...

there is a gap between the cliff top and HMAS Watson .. where no barrier
or other indication that the boundary for HMAS Watson stops there at all.

Looking at the park boundary to the south east of HMAS Watson it can be
seen that the boundary there does not follow any feature at all! As this
was originally part of the defense property possibly the HMAS Watson
follows a similar irregular boundary on its seaward side. I was thinking
of ringing the local council to see if they knew, but given the
irregular nature of the park boundary I can see little point to it.

I take it you have finished with your tag changes? If so I'll try to
alter the boundary so it uses the park boundary and cliff line as
separate ways in the relation.