[Talk-GB] Ground truth v legal truth

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Jul 19 21:23:32 UTC 2019

19 Jul 2019, 13:55 by forums at david-woolley.me.uk:

> I think mapping it in conflict with a published official designation will devalue OSM.

Not sure is it happening in UK but Poland has some private driveways that
are officially assigned status of major road ("droga krajowa").

There is also officially existing major road route, crossing river by bridge that
was destroyed in WW II and not rebuild. As result there is highway=track
that is officially a major road.

Japan has steps that have assigned rank of major road (for some historic reasons).

In some cases deviating from official designations makes sense (
not sure is it actually happening here).