[Talk-ht] Onboarding new mappers

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Fri Feb 12 18:29:47 GMT 2010

Hi Pierre

OSM is chaotic by nature. There are no professors

telling you what’s best. There are conventions, most often

because these are the best way to do things.

Don’t feel stopped to choose your way of communicating

with the rest of us, IRC, talk, or via the WIKI.

Play with it, see what works for you.

Normally wiki pages will not erase as easy like that.

There is always the show <preview button> so as

you can see what happens, and if you are not happy

do not confirm. Ask others to help you a bit.

Learn by copying, both in the wiki and in OSM itself.

If you don’t understand , ask, or ignore. If you

don’t understand something it’s because someone

else communicated carelessly. In your

case of  “need link” , do not hesitate to edit the wiki

page and put “what link ?”besides.

It won’t take long until another user corrects, adds or improves.

And really, invest some time in JOSM, it pays off.

Gert