[Talk-us] Deleting / Closing / Renaming all places in a chain

Brian Stromberg brian.stromberg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:38:07 UTC 2016

Thank you! I am trying to get more engaged with some aspects of OSM and
this list has been very interesting to read.

I agree with Elliott that it is wrong-headed to leave mislabeled POIs in
place in order to encourage participation. My point was only that applying
an automated process nationwide without any consideration for on-the-ground
verification seems likely to make a less accurate map. I'm fairly new to
the scene, so maybe there is a policy in place that deals with automated
batch relabeling/deleting that I'm not aware of? If not, then this might be
a good opportunity to start that discussion.

--
Brian