[Tagging] Neighborhood Gateway Signs?

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Fri Nov 30 20:21:29 UTC 2018

I understand what you mean (/and it reminds me of my first arrival in India, to the neighbourood of Pahrganj in New Delhi!/), but I still think place=neighbourood on the way identifing the gantry is wrong. Please let me explain why.

A neighbourood occupy an "area", so you should either define that area with a polygon, or, if you don't have the information/time to do that, you should put a node "close to that area".

I think that in your case you could define the gantry as I suggested (/or in a similar way/) and then add a node with place=neighbourood very close to the gantry. For routing you'll have the same (/positive/) effects.

It also seems that the wiki have the same idea: place=neighbourood should not be used on ways. Please check that on https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Aplace%3Dneighbourhood

Cheers!

Sergio